Aitutaki Wind and Weather
Aitutaki is around 18 degrees south, well in the tropics.
Prevailing wind is from the southeast (SE), but it can come from anywhere.
- All wind data supplied by Cook Islands Metservice ©
- There are no guarantees ... but most probably SE winds will predominate.
- We've had it from everywhere.....
- It comes and goes in cycles......if someone else is telling you it blows non stop they're not being quite honest.....it might blow non stop BUT its most likely to come and go in a cycle of 3-5 days.
- All tours are in the 'dry' winter season.
- Generally fine and sunny, often some cloud, rain occasionally. And it can be stormy...its winter!
- Daytime temperatures from 23-29°C, nights not a lot cooler. Fewer mosquitoes in the winter.
- Take rashies, long sleeved, for sun protection!
- If we get some deep southerly winds.... like 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 (!)... the wind can be relatively cold and you might want to consider a 1.5mm or 2mm wettie top or even a spring suit...I take one!
Lagoon Water Temperature
- It doesn't change much...around 25°C all year. Sometimes its warmer in the water than out in the wind....see above suggestion for a light neoprene top!